Wednesday, June 18, 2008

While Visions of Mountain Bikes Rolled in Her Head . . .

Yesterday's weather was less than desirable for toasty mountain biking. Of course, we haven't really had any toasty mountain biking in the Upper Peninsula, yet. We're beginning to wonder if the Fourth of July is going to be comfortably warm for back woods camping, or is it going to be uncomfortably numb?

My fellow Red Jacket, James, and I set set out for a full-Tech ride. We did all the old trails and quite a bit of the new trails. We did about 18.5 miles in three hours. I'm tired. My body is tired. I will sleep well. Ow.

We ended the ride at the dirt jumps where some people were doing a little freeriding on their "little" bikes. It's pretty sweet. I love watching those guys. They're nuts. I didn't watch long, however, because I was becoming the ever-so-tender meal to some skeeters (that's "mosquitoes" to those of you who prefer "proper" English). Yum.

I threw my bike in the Pathfinder and made way for Dairy Queen. Oh, yeah. I've got the bug. I'm really glad they don't have a DQ in Marquette since that's where I'll be this coming weekend. More tough riding ahead. Tomorrow, I'll have a rest day, at least where cycling is concerned. I have a 12-hour shift at the hospital and will most likely be quite busy for most of it. I will dream about my mountain bike, I'm sure.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home