Monday, June 9, 2008

One Hundred Thirty Minutes

. . . that's how long it took to ride all of the old Tech loops - fifteen miles. I had a blast!

I don't ride Tech as much as I did last year. I moved a little further away and, with the cost of gas, I choose to drive only when necessary. Fortunately for me, I can hop on the Churning Rapids trail system just about two miles away.

Today, I went shopping. I've been meaning to buy a gallon of milk for the last few days, but it never really happened. The night of the Stanley Cup win, I stayed out until 7:30 a.m. I was way too tired to buy milk. Thursday, I didn't go anywhere. Same with Friday. Saturday, I was going to buy milk after the Copper Harbor trail day. Nuh uh. That didn't happen either. I just couldn't get out of town soon enough to make it to a grocery store in Calumet for a gallon. Today, I decided it was time.

I threw my mountain biking gear, and bike, in the Pathfinder and drove to the Tech Trails. I started out with the technical loops full of skinny bridges and fabulous rock gardens. I hustled over to the Pilgrim trails and busted around those loops and finished the ride with the Outer and Inner loops. It took me just over two hours - about an hour shorter than last year's early summer rides. I was a little shocked to see the difference.

There is something about Tech that makes me so happy when riding through the trails on a sunny day. Each loop is different and offers different views and different types of trees. Some loops are slow and rocky, others are fast and technical. All are great fun. Tech is right up there with Copper Harbor on the happiness scale for me. It's not as gnarly, but it sure is fun!

Oh! I finally brought that gallon of milk home.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Ali B. said...

Way to remember the milk after hitting the trail! Sometimes I buy a half gallon & it expires before I have a chance to open it. Good thing I enjoy yogurt & engage in taking calcium at lunch during the school year. Ugh.. COW JUICE is so wrong... Willow wouldn't even drink the final 1/4 cup tonight. If I ever decide to stop eating cereal (highly unlikely as it is a favorite meal of mine!), I'll have no use for it!

June 10, 2008 at 12:19 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home