Sunday, June 1, 2008

National Bike Month in Review

Yesterday marked the end of National Bike Month. At the beginning of the month, I set a mileage goal of 400 miles. With the cold, wet weather we had this May, I did not find the motivation to get out much. When the weather was nice, I chose to mountain bike instead of riding the road. Combining these two factors, it is easy to see why I did not reach my mileage goal. I completed about 274 miles. Still, it's not so shabby.

Now that mountain biking is in full swing in the Keweenaw, I am switching my goal from mileage to hours. I plan to spend ten hours per week on the bike. I figure this is a good amount for promoting weight loss and will definitely give me a good amount of ride time for mountain biking.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger singletrackchronicles said...

You still have almost as many miles as I do for the year! We will be up there in a few weeks so you can trash us!

June 2, 2008 at 3:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home