Saturday, April 26, 2008

Brrr

It snowed today. We didn't get a lot, just a dusting. It is currently 30 degrees F - a big difference from the 60 degree weather we had a couple days ago.

I didn't ride yesterday or today, so I am getting dangerously close to laziness. If I don't ride tomorrow, I will have motivational issues. The problem is the weather.

I have posted a ride on the Red Jacket forum for tomorrow at 1:00 pm. The temperature is expected to be 35 degrees, and the wind about 18 mph. I could handle 35, but 18 mph along with it? Uh, no. I am canceling the ride.

In fact, the next three days are cold with snow expected. I most likely am not going to ride. I'll probably throw on my winter clothes and take the dogs for a walk. I don't have class until Wednesday, which is expected to be nice with a high in the 40s and partly cloudy. I can do that. I will ride to my exams that day.

Summer really is just around the corner. The calendar tells me so. I just have to keep telling myself that.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger singletrackchronicles said...

Di,

I do not envy the 30 degree weather that you guys are still having...or the snow. We are forcasted to get snow tomorrow...but not anything significant. I understand what you mean about "laziness" because I only rode one day this week....and next week means a longer mileage week......I will pray for better weather.

April 27, 2008 at 9:57 AM  
Blogger Di said...

We're getting a dusting of snow, so it will all be gone for Wednesday for my commute. :-)

I don't think I reached my 8 hour riding goal this week, but Monday is a new day, so I might just make that goal next week. It won't be that big of a deal until the trails open. Of course, it's much easier to get the hours in on the trail. :-D

April 27, 2008 at 10:30 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home