Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Secret Weapon Training Method

It is no secret that road riding is quite beneficial to competitive mountain bikers. It promotes endurance at a steady pace and allows the rider to work on techniques such as more efficient pedaling.

I chose to trade in my Nissan Pathfinder for a Kona Jake the Snake. Jake and I spend a lot of time together. We roll to school and work and we're even starting to shop and attend meetings together. Currently, our shopping is limited to a new stem and a rear view mirror for Jake. Jake will be sporting the new goods, but I'll be able to ride with more comfort and with a visual on traffic approaching from behind. Jake and I will be safe together.

In just a couple weeks of riding, I've noticed something else. I'm losing weight, I'm getting stronger, and my commute time is getting shorter and shorter by the ride. My commute involves a lot of climbing with a few sprints sprinkled here and there.

My commuting experience has proven to be quite an effective tool for increasing speed and power. I can't wait to find out how this translates to the trail.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home