Friday, July 4, 2008


Copper Harbor fireworks as seen from my kayak.

It was such a long day, it seemed like two. I started the day off walking the dogs to Ft Wilkins State Park and back. I heard sirens toward the end of the walk indicating the fine Copper Harbor parade had begun. I rushed back, put the dogs away, and watched a parade truly in Harbor fashion.


Indian Paintbrush grows all over the Keweenaw. This was seen during my walk back from Ft Wilkins.


View of Lake Fanny Hoe from Ft Wilkins State Park.

It was a day that was difficult to settle into. I felt lazy and didn't want to do much. Many people were heading out to the trails to mountain bike, and I finally headed out myself. For the first time this year, I felt great! I didn't feel clumsy and my bike went right where I wanted it. After 90 minutes and 12 miles, I returned to town with a big smile and a great feeling. The ride was good.

We concluded the evening with a sunset kayak tour through the Keweenaw Adventure Company. The Independence Day sunset tour is special because the kayakers get to hang out at Hunter's Point and watch the fireworks. We were directly under them. It was freaky, cool, and amazing.

As usual, a few of us capped the night off with Tequila Sunrises at Zik's Bar. Life is good.


Looking out into Lake Superior from Copper Harbor.


Sun setting over Copper Harbor.


Hunter's Point.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Ali B. said...

Great fireworks photo! Glen & I were going to watch from our kayaks but my legs were spent from my once-a-year 5k. Yah, couldn't even muster up the energy to climb into the kayak. Sounds like a great weekend in CH - glad to hear it!

July 7, 2008 at 10:41 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home