Thursday, July 3, 2008

Nice To See You Again, Paul!

Thursday night group ride in Copper Harbor . . . the three of us, the girls, broke off from the rest of the group to do a "B" group ride. We did the first part of the Fat Tire course backward . . . well, sort of. We went the wrong way, thanks to me, and ended up at the beginning of Paul's Plunge. "It's a sign!" I said. They agreed, and we progressed down that ever-so-gnarly trail.

I led, and I finally reached the top of the plunge and laid my bike down to walk the plunge in an effort to psyche myself to do it. Amanda went flying by and I just said, "Feck it, I'll follow you!" I got on the bike and did the first part of the plunge like I was an old pro, which I kind of am.

I was afraid because it was my first time doing Paul's Plunge on *this* bike. I did the first part with no problem. The second part was a different story. I knew the line I had to take, but I stopped before going into it. I picked up the bike and went back to try it again. I froze within three feet of beginning it. The third time, with my friends cheering, I did it. I conquered it on my new, squirrelly bike.

Paul, it's nice to see you again.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home