Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Analyzing My Internet

It is quite frustrating when your Internet runs slowly. I have satellite DSL and it hasn't been the best, especially as of late. Within the last few weeks, I started noticing "google-analytics.com/..." in my status bar every time I loaded a web page. For example, it would show up whenever I went to MMBA.com, Google.com, even my own web site! While my blog is hosted by Google, my web site, Moronacity, is hosted on a virtual server that I pay for. I never installed Google Analytics, and I was pretty upset to find that I was loading more than the desired content every time I clicked on a link.

What did I do? I did some searching, via Google, and found a simple solution. I use Firefox. I clicked on the ABP (AdBlock Plus) icon on the upper right hand corner of my browser, and located the google-analytics urls in the window that opened at the bottom of the screen. I right-clicked on the google urls and blocked them.

Suddenly, my surfing life is faster!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home