Friday, April 4, 2008

Give Me Wings, Or Give Me Wheels!

When I was a kid, I used to have a dream that ended with me flying through the air like Superman. It didn’t matter that I was only flying two feet above the ground. Oddly enough, it was in the direction of my favorite park.


A little bird was caught in my porch the other day. He watched me go out through the door, and later tried it himself.

I recalled that dream today as I was riding home from school. A little brown and white bird made quite a bit of noise as it left the snow bank flying across my path and soon with me for a short bit. Seeing the bird and the road in front of me recreated that dream for me, except I wasn’t Superman, nor was I a bird. I was riding my cyclocross bike.

I felt a strong sense of gratitude as these signs of spring greeted me, even the sun was out, and I realized that bikes are God’s way of giving us wings.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home