Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Vicious Cycle

When you’re sitting on the couch reading bike forums and blogs as you sniffle and cough and look out the window at the beautiful, deep blue sky above the trees that sparkle as the sun beats down on them, you get a little antsy. Actually, you get horribly impatient and envious of your friends who you know are outside riding their bikes. You want to be one of those crazy people enjoying the day on your bike in what feels like a tropical 40 degree F day after a long, cold winter.


Spring in the Keweenaw can be a vicious cycle of hope followed by disappointment. Just when the snow is almost melted and the weather hits the 50s, snow dumps on you that night.

Of all the illnesses I’ve had the displeasure of building up immunities to, there is one I cannot lick: spring fever. I’ve got it bad, and it only gets worse as nature teases me with these gloriously perfect days while I’m sick, and then sends a truckload of snow my way when I’m well.

It’s almost as if nature is saying, “April fools, Di! April fools.”

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home